Beefy Poblano and Cheese Taquitos
Recipe Courtesy of: Spork Foods
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 tablespoon neutral tasting oil (safflower)
- 1 block Follow Your Heart Provolone Cheese, sliced into ¼ inch thick strips
- 1 package (12 oz) vegan meat crumbles
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 vine ripened tomato, diced, plus more for garnish *Optional
- 1 package corn tortillas (12 count)
- 1 fresh jalapeño, sliced into thin rounds *Optional for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Sour Cream
- Char poblano peppers over open flame until blackened, rotating frequently, about 6 minutes. Place in bowl and cover to steam. Scrape blackened skin off pepper and slice into ¼ inch thick strips. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat, add tablespoon oil. Add vegan beef crumbles, taco seasoning, lime juice and diced tomato. Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until golden. Set aside.
- Heat tortillas in pan until pliable.
- To roll taquitos, place a few strips poblano pepper, about 2 tablespoons beef mixture, and a few strips Follow Your Heart Provolone cheese in each tortilla.
- In large pan over medium heat, add remaining tablespoon oil. Add rolled taquitos seam side down. Cook about 5 minutes to seal. Turn over and cook about 3-5 more minutes, or until crisp.
- Serve warm and garnish with Follow Your Heart Sour Cream, jalapeños, pumpkin seeds, additional shredded Follow Your Heart Provolone Cheese, if desired, and cilantro.