Buffalo Jackfruit Wontons
Recipe Courtesy of: Eat.Drink.Shrink
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2/3 cup Follow Your Heart High Omega Vegan Bleu Cheese dressing
- 4 oz. (1/2 tub) Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Cream Cheese, softened/room temp
- 1 can jackfruit
- 4 cups water
- 50-20 vegan wonton wrappers (read the labels)
- 2 tbsp chives
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large pan heat 4 cups water to boiling. Add the jackfruit and cook for 10 minutes. Drain, and add oil to the pan and cook for 5-7 mins breaking the jackfruit up with a fork. Add the buffalo sauce, High Omega Vegan Bleu Cheese dressing, and Vegan Cream Cheese. Continue to stir and combine over medium heat.
- Grease a muffin pan and place a wonton wrapper in each hole. Press down so that it fills the cup. Fill each wonton wrapper with the buffalo mixture if being enjoyed right away. If not, I’d bake just the wontons in the oven, heat the filling and fill the cups.
- Fill the cups with 1 1/2 tbsp of the mixture. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until wonton edges are crispy and browned. Remove from oven and let cool.Top with chopped chives.