Gabrielle’s Cauliflower Tacos
Recipe Courtesy of: Gabrielle St Claire
- 6 tortillas
- 1 medium cauliflower, sliced
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- Juice and Zest of 1 lime
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 sprig cilantro
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup red cabbage sliced into strips
- 1 cup white cabbage sliced into strips
- 1/2 watermelon radish cut into quarters
Spicy Mayo (Or use Chipotle Vegenaise® Gourmet)
- ⅓ cup Original Vegenaise®
- 2 chilis in adobo sauce
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp lime zest
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, zest and juice of 1 lime and ½ tsp sea salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Whisk together the panko, cornmeal, shredded coconut, cilantro, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, ½ tsp sea salt and the pepper in another bowl set aside.
- Grease a pan with coconut oil line and assemble the bowls for breading the cauliflower with wet ingredients and then dry ingredients
- Dip piece of cauliflower in coconut milk mixture coating all sides,
- then roll the piece around in the dry mix making sure its well coated and adhering to the cauliflower.
- Transfer coated cauliflower to the baking sheet and continue until with remaining pieces. Bake cauliflower pieces for 25-30 minutes. Rotate the pieces after 15 minutes to ensure they cook evenly. Cauliflowers should be a golden brown color and crispy.
- While cauliflower is baking, you can make the spicy mayo. In a food processor throw together all of the ingredients. Set aside in fridge ready for use.
- Assemble tacos by placing a tortilla on a plate, top with cabbage mixture, watermelon radish, breaded cauliflower, and 2-3 cauliflower bites with avocado and spicy mayo. Top with an additional squeeze of lime.