Recipe Courtesy of: Eat.Drink.Shrink
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp vailla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg (whisked with 1/3 cup ice cold almond milk)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance vegan butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 ounces Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Cream Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4-6 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×5 inch bread pan with nonstick foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, salt, baking powder, baking soda. In a large bowl, mix together vegan butter, coconut sugar. Beat until fluffy, add the egg, combine again. Now add the molasses and applesauce. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until blended. Add the 2 tbsp of almond milk if the mixture is too dry. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- For the frosting, in a medium bowl cream together vegan butter, vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth and spreadable. Spread over cooled gingerbread loaf. Allow to set up for 1 hour. Store in airtight container.