Mini Potato Skin Cups
- 2 lbs (0.907kg) bag mini potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 large avocados
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1/2 of a Serrano pepper or Jalapeño
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Follow Your Heart Fiesta Blend Shreds
- Cilantro to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Clean the potatoes and pat them dry. Drizzle with oil and mix
- to combine. Bake on a baking sheet for 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to 450F.
- Let the potatoes cool off slightly to be able to handle them.
- Proceed to slice off about 1/8” thick of the top (lengthwise) of each potatoes. Then with the back of a spoon, spoon out the potato flesh, being careful to leave the potato skin intact, and leave as little flesh as possible, so the potato skins can crisp up. (But leave enough so that the potato skins can still stand up.)
- Place the potato skins face down on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Turn the potatoes over on the skin side and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle some of the fiesta blend cheese into each potato nest. Return to oven and bake 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
For the guacamole:
- In a medium sized bowl add the avocado slices and mash them.
- Then add the remaining guacamole ingredients and stir until combined.
- Scoop a small spoonful of guacamole mixture into each potato cup.
- Top with cilantro if desired, then serve immediately.