Wine Braised Wild Mushroom and Parmesan Crostini
Recipe Courtesy of: Spork Foods
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 pints wild mushrooms (or crimini), diced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (about 3-5 sprigs), stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus zest of ½ lemon
- 1 baguette, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Parmesan Shreds
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add butter. Add shallot and sauté about 2 minutes to soften. Add mushrooms, white wine, sea salt and pepper and cook 6-8 minutes over medium heat, until most liquid is absorbed.
- Add parsley, chives, thyme, lemon juice and zest, and toss to coat. Cook one more minute.
- Slice baguette into rounds and place on baking sheet.
- Pre-heat broiler to high.
- Top each slice baguette generously with mushroom mixture. Then top with Follow Your Heart Parmesan. Place in oven and broil 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is golden on edges.
- Top with additional herbs and Serve warm.