Potato Crusted Quiche with Rosemary, Mushrooms, & Smoked Gouda
Recipe Courtesy of: Oscar
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 level tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder
- 1 1/2 + 1/2 cup ice cold non-dairy creamer
- 1 1/2 cups crimini mushrooms, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 7oz package Follow Your Heart Smoked Gouda Slices, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500°F. While oven is preheating, wash and peel potatoes. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice potatoes lengthwise into thin ovals
- Toss potato slices in olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Roast in oven for 10-12 minutes, until slightly cooked but pliable. Remove from oven and set aside to cool
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk together VeganEgg powder with 1 1/2 cups ice cold non-dairy creamer. Whisk until smooth. Add additional creamer, mushrooms, rosemary, and shredded Smoked Gouda to mixture. Season with salt and pepper and mix all ingredients together until everything is coated in VeganEgg mixture.
- Spray a round baking dish with canola or olive oil. Gently arrange potato slices so they form a nice crust around dish. Pour in quiche mixture and place in oven. Allow to cook for 50-55 minutes, checking to make sure potato slices do not burn. Remove from oven, slice and serve.