Savory Rosemary Waffles & Apple Compote
Recipe Courtesy of: Paris Marash of Greens & Fries
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder
- 1 1/4 cup cold almond milk
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- Add all your dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together your vegan egg according to instructions.
- Add the rest of your wet ingredients to the egg mixture
- Plug in your waffle iron and get it preheated to medium – dark. (about 7 out of 10)
- Pour your wet ingredients over your dry and fold gently until everything comes together but don’t over mix.
- Spray your waffle iron with olive oil spray and ladle on about 2/3 cup of your mixture in the middle of your waffle iron. Close tight and walk away until you get the green ‘ready light’ or until your waffle iron stops steaming. If you like your waffles a bit more crunchy on the outside, leave them in a little longer. Mine took about 4 – 5 minutes each. Repeat until all your waffle mixture is gone.
- In the meantime you can heat up your apple compote by mixing everything together in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often. Once it comes to a bubble set it on very low heat and cover to thicken.
- When you are ready to devour these just pour your compote right over your waffles and grab a fork!
Leftover waffles and compote can be stored in the freezer for a few months. Best to reheat your waffles in a toaster or conventional oven.