Spicy Cauliflower Cheese Dip
Recipe Courtesy of: Gabrielle St. Claire of Eat.Drink.Shrink
On her website, Eat.Drink.Shrink, our friend Gabrielle St. Claire mentions this being a Friday recipe due to it’s ease and how open it is to interpretation. Add more veggies, throw it on some tacos or just eat it with some chips of your choosing!
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp coconut “bacon” oil
- 1 10 oz package of Vegan Gourmet Monterey Jack Cheese
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 2 chilis in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 1 cup Vegan Gourmet Sour Cream
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 sprigs of cilantro
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 8 oz package of mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 jalapeños, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop cauliflower into florets & steam for about 20 minutes, until fork tender.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook garlic in coconut “bacon” oil for about 2 minutes, then add onions, cook for about 10 minutes or onions start becoming translucent. Add mushrooms, chilis (with adobo sauce), and jalapeño. Cook for about 5 more minutes, top with seasonings and set aside.
- Transfer cooked cauliflower to food processor, add Vegan Gourmet Sour Cream and nutritional yeast, process until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, cook Vegan Gourmet Monterey Jack and almond milk, stirring constantly to prevent burning, about 3 to 5 minutes
- Scrape cauliflower mixture from food processor into a baking dish and top with mushroom-onion mixture, cheese mixture, then top with seasonings. Bring to a boil and cook until cheese is fully melted.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve with desired snack-y vehicle.