Ultimate Grilled Veggie Panini
Recipe Courtesy of: Chef Jessica
This panini recipe is easy to make and even easier to devour! Mix up the veggies to make it your own, and try it with Pesto Vegenaise too to add extra Italian flavor. If you don’t have a panini press, just use two heavy pans with the sandwich in the middle and a heavy can or two on top to provide some pressure. To roast a red bell pepper yourself, just hold it with tongs (or set over a grate) over an open flame, turning from time to time, until blackened and blistered on all sides. Place in a paper bag for 20 minutes and peel off charred skin slice and remove seeds and you’re ready to go!
- large slices sourdough, herb bread, etc.
- 2 T
- olive oil
- zucchini, sliced lengthwise into ¼ inch strips
- summer squash, sliced lengthwise into ¼ inch strips
- red onion, sliced into ¼ inch rings
- roasted red bell pepper or ¼ c jarred roasted red pepper
- ¼-inch thick slices Vegan Gourmet® Mozzarella Cheese Alternative
- T Roasted Garlic Vegenaise Gourmet® Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
Heat a grill pan over medium heat. In a medium-sized bowl, toss zucchini, squash, and onion with 1 T oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables until tender and grill marks appear, about 8 minutes, turning once. Let cool. Coat bread slices lightly with olive oil on one side and Roasted Garlic Vegenaise Gourmet® on the other. Top with sandwich fillings and top bread slice (oil side up). Cook in panini press for 3-4 minutes or in grill pan with another heavy pan on top. Serve.