Vegan Cranberry Bliss Bar
Recipe Courtesy of: Eat.Drink.Shrink
- 1/2 cup earth balance butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 level tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder mixed with 1/3 cup ice cold almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips (or more!)
- 8 oz Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ounces vegan white chocolate, melted*
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch non-stick baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir to blend.
- In another bowl, whisk the sugar with the butter, VeganEgg, applesauce, orange extract, vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until the batter is very well blended. If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth, add just a drop of almond milk at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooths out. Fold in white chocolate chips and 1/3 cup cranberries. Spread batter onto the baking pan using the back of a measuring cup to smooth evenly. Bake 10 – 14 minutes, until the edges are light brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Don’t over-bake or your bars will be dry. Let it cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting; in the bowl of a standing mixer beat the Vegan Gourmet Cream Cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until well-blended. Frost bars and sprinkle with remaining cranberries. Drizzle with the melted white chocolate. *To melt the chocolate, place in a microwave safe cup and heat 15 seconds; stir. Another 15 seconds; stir until the chocolate is melted. When the chocolate sets, cut into 15 large squares (5 cuts by 3 cuts with the knife). Then cut each square in half diagonally to create triangles. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.