Vegan Peppermint Sugar Cookies
Recipe Courtesy of: Eat.Drink.Shrink
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Vegan Gourmet Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract (OR vanilla extract)
- ¼ cup finely crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour blend, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In bowl of stand mixer, beat together powdered sugar, melted coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla until creamy. Add flour mixture and continue to mix until combined. Dough will thicken as you stir.
- Roll 2-tablespoon size scoops of dough into balls and place onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with fingers to 1/2-inch thick. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake, as cookies won’t turn golden brown. Remove cookies from oven and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
- When cookies have completely cooled, prepare the frosting. In a medium bowl whip butter for 2-3 minutes (no less!) until very fluffy. Add cream cheese and mix well. Gradually mix in powdered sugar until completely combined. Mix in peppermint extract. Spread frosting over cooled cookies. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes or peppermints. Store in airtight container.