Cheesy Veggie Empanadas
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cups onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cup frozen spinach
- 1 cup frozen kale
- ¾ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Mozzarella Shredded
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to a bowl and mix. Melt butter, let cool slightly. Mix in butter and milk with flour and knead until combined. Set in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add a small amount of oil to a pan; add onions and garlic and saute until golden. Add kale and spinach, cook for 5 minutes under medium heat.
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Cut dough in half, then divide each half into four pieces. Lightly flour a work surface and roll out each piece, about 5-inch rounds (you can make smaller or bigger ones if you prefer). To each empanada, add about 2 tbsp of filling 1.5 tbsp of cheese. Fold the dough over in half, use a fork to press edges close. Add empanadas to a lined baking sheet.
- Optional: brush with plant-based milk (we used soy).
- Bake empanadas for 30 minutes or until golden.