Beet and Feta Burgers
by Spork Foods
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder, plus ½ cup ice-cold water
- 2 small beets, peeled (1 ½ cups when shredded)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp agave or coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 cups organic breadcrumbs
- ½ cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles
- high heat oil (Safflower), for cooking
Herb Topping Ingredients:
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles
- 6-8 whole-grain ciabatta rolls or burger buns, toasted
- 6-8 leaves curly lettuce
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced into thin rounds and salted
- 1 large avocado, peeled and smashed
- In a small bowl combine VeganEgg powder and ice-cold water. Whisk until slightly thickened and set aside.
- In a food processor fitted with grating attachment, grate beet on smallest setting for the finest shred. Remove grating attachment and add standard blade. Add garlic powder, sea salt, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and agave or coconut nectar. Pulse 4-5 times. Add VeganEgg, breadcrumbs, flour and pulse until uniform. Fold in fresh mint, dill, walnuts and Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Feta Crumbles.
- Heat a large skillet and add oil. With damp hands, form mixture into 4 patties and place in pan. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- For herb topping, add Vegenaise to bowl. Add mint, dill, lemon juice and Follow Your Heart Crumbled Feta. Fold gently to combine. Set aside.
- Serve on toasted bread, topped with dollop of herb topping, avocado, cucumber and lettuce. Serve additional herb topping on side.