Brat Fries with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
by Spork Foods
Brat Fry Ingredients:
- 1 package vegan Bratwurst (Tofurky Beer Brats)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart® VeganEgg powder
- 1 cup ice-cold water
- 1 cup organic panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- High-heat oil, for cooking (safflower preferred)
Honey Mustard Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, plus zest of ½ lime
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart® Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/3 cup Vegenaise®
- Dash sea salt and finely ground black pepper
- Slice each bratwurst in half lengthwise, and then into quarters. Set aside.
- Add flour, to a shallow dish and set aside.
- Add VeganEgg and ice cold water to a bowl and whisk until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- To a separate shallow dish, add panko, sea salt, garlic powder, and cayenne. Whisk and set aside.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is rippling, toss one strip coated bratwurst in flour, then coat in VeganEgg wash and toss to coat in panko mixture. Add gently to oil and cook until golden. Repeat for all strips. When finished, set aside on paper towel lined plate or cooling rack.
For honey mustard sauce: In a mixing bowl, combine lime juice, zest, honey mustard dressing, Vegenaise, sea salt and pepper in a bowl and set aside. Serve on side of warm brat fries.Print