Cauliflower and Broccoli Bake
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour or spelt flour
- 1 cup almond milk + 1/2 – 3/4 more
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart® American vegan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart® Provolone vegan cheese, grated
- Garnish: fresh cilantro and chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a 10 inch cast iron skillet on medium heat and add your butter and oil. Heat till butter melts, then add your flour and stir till combined and goopy. Add your almond milk slowly and whisk till a gorgeous, silky sauce develops, around 3-4 minutes. You may have to add more almond milk, just depends on your whisking and the heat of the pan.
- Once the sauce has come together add your nutritional yeast, garlic + onion powder and seasonings.
- Throw in your broccoli and cauliflower and stir well till nice and well combined. If you notice there is enough cause to cover but maybe not excess to the pan then add around 1/4 more almond milk and stir just one last time.
- Top with your cheese and bake for 25 minutes.
- Enjoy hot with cilantro and hot chili!