Cauliflower Steaks with Creamy Chimichurri
by Follow Your Heart
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tbsp diced red onion
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp crushed red pepper, depending on your preferred heat level (optional)
- 3/4 cup Vegenaise
- 1 large head cauliflower
- olive or canola oil cooking spray
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Make the Chimichurri. In a food processor or blender, pulse parsley to chop. Add garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, red onion, oregano, black pepper, salt, and crushed red pepper, if using. Blend until smooth, but still somewhat chunky. Transfer to a medium bowl, add Vegenaise and mix thoroughly.
- Remove outer leaves from cauliflower, leaving stem. Cut cauliflower into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place all pieces on a rimmed baking sheet, coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and black pepper and lay thyme sprigs all around cauliflower pieces.
- Roast cauliflower for 25-35 minutes, turning halfway. Cauliflower should be fork tender, but not too soft.
- Place on a serving plate and drizzle chimichurri sauce over cauliflower and serve!