Cereal Baked Donuts with a Vanilla Glaze
by Spork Foods
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup un-refined evaporated cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Follow Your Heart® Vegan Egg, powder
- ¾ cup, plus ¾ cups ice-cold soymilk creamer
- 1/3 cup neutral tasting oil (safflower)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, sugar, and sea salt and whisk until uniform.
- In a small bowl add VeganEgg power and ¾ cup ice-cold soymilk creamer. Whisk until uniform and slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Add prepared VeganEgg, remaining ¾ cups creamer, oil, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar to dry ingredients. Whisk until uniform.
- Grease donut pan generously with cooking spray and fill each section. Using a spoon smooth batter around each donut section and clean off batter from center portion.
- Bake for about 26-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let donuts cool before glazing. Place on a cooling rack over a baking sheet with walls, to collect glaze.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon soymilk creamer, plus more if desired
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup vegan colorful cereal
- 2 teaspoons vegan sprinkles *Optional
- In a mixing bowl, add powdered sugar. Add creamer, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- To glaze donuts, dip tops of each donut into glaze. Place over a baking sheet to catch run-off. Sprinkle right away with cereal before glaze hardens. Set aside to cool.