Cheesy Mushroom Puff Pastries
by Plvnt Food
- 1 box puff pastry
- ¼ cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1 package Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Smoked Gouda Slices
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms
- Olive oil as needed
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Cut the puff pastry into squares & brush the tops with plant milk. Bake according to package instructions until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add your olive oil, sliced mushrooms, balsamic vinegar, salt/pepper, and fresh thyme. Cook until the mushrooms are caramelized, and no liquid remains in the pan except a thick “sauce” coating the mushrooms.
- Once the puff pastry is ready and cool enough to handle, slice them almost in half to open them up like a sub roll. Place 2 slices of Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Smoked Gouda to each piece of puff pastry (on the inside). Place back in the oven until melted.
- When the cheese is melted, remove from oven and add in some mushrooms. Top with more fresh thyme if desired, then fold the puff pastries in half.