Cheesy Christmas Tree Pull Apart Bread
by Spork Foods
- 3 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour, plus about 1 cup for kneading
- 2 tbsp evaporated cane sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1 packet (2 ¼ tsp) active dry yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Pizzeria Blend Shreds, plus 2 tbsp for topping
- ¼ cup, plus 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper (1/3 cup), finely diced, plus for garnish
- 1 tbsp neutral tasting oil (Safflower or grapeseed)
- To bowl of a standing mixer fitted with dough hook, add flour, sugar, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and yeast. Stir to combine.
- Heat a small pot over medium and add almond milk and butter. Cook just until butter melts. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and knead until elastic, about 7 minutes. Add ½ cup Follow Your Heart Pizzeria Shreds, ¼ cup chives, and red bell pepper. Knead to combine.
- Divide dough into 18 balls. On a greased baking sheet, Align balls in tree shape starting with 1 ball as top of tree and more balls in rows until bottom row has 5 balls. Leave a small space between balls to rise and puff when baking. There should be two balls for the base of the tree and one final ball that can be the top decoration of the tree.
- Brush tree with oil and set aside to rise, covered with plastic wrap, about 30 minutes. Remove plastic and sprinkle with additional cheese, chives and bell pepper.
- Bake about 34-36 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.