Deep Fried Mashed Potato Balls
- 1 – 2 cups Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder
- 4 – 10 cups Grapeseed Oil (for Deep Frying)
- 2 – 3 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 – 2 cups gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp pink salt
Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- 5 – 8 Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Medium Cheddar Slices
- 4 – 6 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- ½ cup chopped green onions or chives
- 1 cup chopped dried cranberries (soak them in water for 30 minutes to rehydrate them for this recipe)
- ½-1 tsp pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp salt-free steak seasoning
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- ¼ cup Vegan Egg
Spicy Sour Cream Dip
- 1 ½ cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- 2 tbs chopped chives or green onions
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a large pan to prepare to deep fry the potato balls.
- Cut the Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Medium Cheddar Slices into ½ inch cubes.
- In a large bowl combine the ingredients for the loaded mashed potatoes and use your hands to gently mix all the ingredients together. Using an ice cream scoop, portion out large potato balls and place a cube of cheddar cheese in the middle, and then cover it up as you roll the potato ball. Set aside the balls in the fridge as you prepare the other ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mix together the ingredients for the flour mixture.
- In a medium bowl make your VeganEgg until it is thin liquid consistency that will coat the Balls.
- Coat the potato balls in flour, and then VeganEgg, and then again with flour. Deep fry the balls in the grapeseed oil for 8-15 minutes or until all sides are a light golden brown. Fry 4-5 balls at a time in the oil and remove the excess oil by placing the balls on a towel-covered plate once fried.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the Spicy Sour Cream Dip and garnish the dip with fresh chopped chives.
- Let the balls cool for 5-8 minutes and serve the balls with the bip + garnish fresh chopped chives on top of everything.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and have a Ball!