Fried Pickle Chips with Cajun Mayo Dip
- 1 32 oz jar of dill pickles
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 4 level tbsp VeganEgg powder
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- about 1 quart neutral cooking oil, safflower, canola, grapeseed
For Cajun Mayo Dip
- 1 cup Original Vegenaise
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- Preheat frying oil in a large pot to about 350°F over medium/medium-high heat
- Make buttermilk by whisking together non-dairy milk and lemon juice, allow to sit for 5-10 minutes
- Prepare VeganEgg by whisking powder with ice cold water until all lumps are smoothed out
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk, VeganEgg batter, and hot sauce.
- Drain pickles from brine and slice into 1/4 inch thick chips. Add to liquid mixture and stir to combine
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour and all spices.
- Working in batches, add battered pickles to flour mixture and swirl to completely cover. Add to oil about 7-8 at a time. Fry for about 3-4 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to tray lined with paper towels to drain.
- Prepare the Cajun mayo dip by whisking all ingredients together in a small bowl. Garnish with chopped chives and a sprinkle of paprika, if desired.