Halloween Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Filling
by Spork Foods
- 1 cup organic all-purpose unbleached flour
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ½ cup unrefined cane sugar
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder, whisked with ½ cup ice-cold water
- ½ cup soymilk creamer
- ¼ cup neutral tasting oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup organic pumpkin (canned)
Topping and Filling Ingredients
- 1 cup vegan chocolate frosting
- Halloween sprinkles
- Black icing
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flours, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk VeganEgg powder and ice-cold water until uniform and slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Add soymilk creamer, oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin and prepared VeganEgg to dry ingredients and whisk to combine until even and smooth.
- Grease a pumpkin-shaped pan, or cupcake pan Pour batter into each section until about 2/3 full. Bake for about 24-26 minutes, or until golden. Let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, slice in half horizontally and spread chocolate frosting on bottom half. Enclose. To decorate, using black icing, create jack-o-lantern faces on pumpkin bread and top with desired sprinkles.