by Plvnt Food
- 2 packs Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Medium Cheddar Slices
- ½-2 cups regular unsweetened plant milk (as needed)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ pound elbow macaroni
- 4-6 orange bell peppers
- In a pot over low heat, add your (cubed) cheese slices, mustard, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt, and a small amount of milk. Cook and stir constantly, slowly adding more milk until your desired thickness is reached.
- Take your bell peppers and cut the tops off and deseed the centers. Carve jack-o-lantern faces into each pepper (carefully!).
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and boil your peppers (and the tops) for a few minutes until JUST soft. Remove and let them dry.
- In that same pot of boiling water cook your macaroni to package instructions. Drain & mix with your cheese sauce.
- Fill the peppers with mac & cheese and add the top on! You can also sprinkle some everything bagel seasoning on the top of the mac & cheese if you’re feeling extra fancy.