Mini Corn Dogs with Ranch Dip
by Spork Foods
- 8 vegan hotdogs (1 package)
- 1 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons evaporated cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 level tablespoons Follow Your Heart VeganEgg, dry
- 1 cup, plus ¾ cup ice-cold almond or oat milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- neutral-tasting oil for deep frying
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart High Omega Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Heat oil in large pot to 350°F.
- Slice hot dogs in half and place on wooden skewers. Set aside.
- To a mixing bowl add cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, garlic powder, chili powder, sea salt, and pepper. Whisk until uniform.
- In a separate bowl or measuring cup whisk Follow Your Heart VeganEgg, 1 cup cold almond or oat milk and whisk until uniform and slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Add VeganEgg mixture into dry ingredients and add remaining almond or oat milk and apple cider vinegar and whisk until uniform. Transfer batter into tall glass.
- Dunk each hotdog into batter until well coated and add to oil. Fry about 3-5 minutes, or until golden. Remove from heat.
- Serve corndogs warm with Follow Your Heart Ranch and ketchup on side for dipping.