Pesto Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Recipe Courtesy of: Oscar
We borrowed the Mashed Baked Potato method from Bon Appetit and made it our own!
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 2 lbs yukon golds, washed and scrubbed
- 1/2 cup non-dairy creamer
- 4 tbsp vegan margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 cups Pesto Vegenaise
- 1/2 cup Vegan Parmesan Shreds, plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- hand torn basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Spread aluminum foil over a roasting pan. Place potatoes on aluminum foil and add to oven. Roast for 60-75 minutes
- Once potatoes are done, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, then slice them in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out potato insides and add to large sauce pan or pot. Keep some of the skins in there for added texture!
- Over medium heat, melt non-dairy margarine. Add non-dairy creamer and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Return to low simmer.
- Mash potatoes, leaving some lumps, if desired. Add in creamer mixture and Pesto Vegenaise. Fold together well and whip slightly if necessary.
- Mix in 1/2 cup Parmesan Shreds and place pot over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, or until shreds melt. Add salt and pepper, to taste
- Serve in serving platter of your choice, top with a sprinkle of Parmesan and basil leaves, if using.