Portobello Mushroom & Tuscan Kale Stroganoff
Recipe Courtesy of: Cooking for Luv
Shake that little chill in the air with this fall comfort stroganoff.
1 12-ounce package of wide pasta noodles (like fettucini)
3 tablespoons vegan butter or olive oil
1 1/2 cups yellow onion, medium diced (about 1 medium onion)
3 large cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried paprika
2 pounds portobello mushrooms, stems removed and cut into ¼ inch slices
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups vegan beef flavored broth (I use the jarred Better Than Bullion No-Beef to make my broth)
1 bunch of lacinato kale, stems removed and cut into bite sized pieces
3/4 cup Vegenaise
1/2 cup italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped, plus a few for garnish
1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground, plus more for garnish
- Cook your pasta in salted boiling water to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened and just turning golden, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and paprika, then cook for 1 minute, just until garlic is fragrant.
- Turn up the heat to high, add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until mushrooms release their juices and start to brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and whisk with a fork to combine. Cook for 1 minute. Pour in broth and bring to a simmer then decrease the heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add kale and cook additional 1-2 minutes, just until leaves start to soften and wilt.
- Remove pan from heat and immediately stir in the Vegenaise, parsley, salt and black pepper.
- Drain noodles and add to the pan with the mushrooms, gently toss to combine. Plate and garnish with parsley and serve hot.