Pumpkin, Sage, and Provolone Quiche
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons neutral tasting oil
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash sea salt
- (2) 9-inch vegan frozen whole wheat pie crusts
- ½ cup, plus 2 tablespoons VeganEgg powder, dry
- 3 cups ice-cold almond milk
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup fresh sage, finely chopped, plus for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 slices Follow Your Heart Provolone Cheese, diced
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Line a walled baking sheet with parchment and add pumpkin. Toss to coat with oil, lemon pepper, garlic powder, and sea salt. Roast 15 minutes to soften. Set aside.
- Poke pie crusts with fork. Add empty crusts to walled baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, to a mixing bowl or blender, add VeganEgg powder, ice-cold almond milk, sea salt, pepper, lemon zest, and juice. Whisk until uniform and slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Remove warm crusts from oven and add pumpkin, 3 tablespoons sage, garlic and half of cheese to each crust. Pour in VeganEgg mixture evenly into each crust. Top with remaining tablespoon sage and cheese.
- Bake about 32-35 minutes, or until firm and golden on top. Cool slightly before serving.