Pumpkin Spice Monte Cristo
by Plvnt Food
- 1 package Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Smoked Gouda Slices
- 1 package vegan bacon
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart VeganEgg
- 1 cup cold plain unsweetened almond or soy milk
- 2-4 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (to desired taste)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Powdered sugar as needed
- French bread, sliced
- Berry Jam (whatever flavor you prefer, we used black currant jam)
- Vegan butter as needed
- In a large bowl whisk together your vegan egg, cold milk, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar until well combined. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes to slightly thicken.
- Cut your French bread into slices and dip them into the batter and hold over the bowl to drain off the excess.
- Place the coated French toast slices into a preheated pan (over medium-high heat) with enough melted butter to coat the bottom.
- Cook each side for about 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Cook your vegan bacon according to package instructions.
- Once your French toast is ready, remove it from the pan and place onto a baking sheet.
- Place 1-2 slices of your smoked gouda cheese on each slice of bread, and quickly place under the broiler to melt. Once melted, add in your bacon and fold up your sandwiches.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top and serve with your berry jam. Can also serve with extra maple syrup!