Raspberry Filled Hanukkah Sugar Cookies
by Spork Foods
- 2 level tablespoons Follow Your Heart VeganEgg, plus ½ cup ice-cold water
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup organic evaporated cane sugar
- ¼ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups un-bleached all-purpose organic flour, plus for rolling dough
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup organic raspberry jam
Chocolate Glaze Ingredients
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp refined coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together VeganEgg and ice-cold water until slightly thick, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or with a pastry whisk by hand, cream butter, cream cheese, evaporated cane sugar, vanilla extract, prepared VeganEgg and whisk until uniform.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, sea salt, and baking powder. Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix until uniform. Do not over mix.
- Divide dough into 2 discs and wrap each disc in wax paper. Refrigerate for ½ hour.
- Roll dough on floured board until ¼ inches thick. Cut out desired shapes (stars, dreidels, menorahs). Place cookies on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden around edges. Cool completely.
- Spread small amount jelly on half of cookies, and top with remaining half. Set aside.
- In a double boiler (or medium pot with water, and a heat-proof bowl), melt chocolate chips and coconut oil. Smooth with a spatula until uniform and turn heat to a simmer.
- Dip half of each cookie sandwich into chocolate, and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, and then transfer to refrigerator for about 20 – 30 minutes to harden before serving.