Shredded Carrot and Potato Burger
Recipe Courtesy of: Oscar
- 2 burger patties (we used Beyond Meat’s Beyond Burger)
- 2 tbsp Original Vegenaise
- 2 slices American Slices
- 2 large carrots, washed, scrubbed, and peeled
- 1 medium russet potato, washed, scrubbed and peeled
- 2 tbsp high heat oil (like safflower or canola oil), separated
- salt and ground black pepper, (2 pinches each)
- 2 hambburger buns
- Your choice of condiments (we recommend going simple with tomato and mustard)
- Shred your vegetables. Using a mandoline or the shredding attachment on a food processor, shred both carrots and your potato to about match stick size. Quickly transfer potato pieces to a large bowl filled with ice water. Let sit for a minute, then drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp safflower oil over medium-high heat. Add potato, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and a pinch of ground black pepper, and cook about 4 minutes, then flip and cook other side till crispy and fried. Transfer to a plate covered in paper towels to drain.
- In the same skillet, heat another 1 tbsp safflower oil over medium-hight heat. Add carrot, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, cook for about 3 minutes, flip and cook until nice and crispy. Transfer to same plate as potato shreds and allow to drain.
- Heat burger patties according to instructions. After flipping, add American Slices and cover. Cook until heated through (3 minutes for Beyond Burger).
- Toast hamburger buns lightly, slather with equal amounts Vegenaise on both sides. Assemble burger with bottom bun, patty with cheese, a squirt of ketchup, potato and carrot mixture, and top bun. Serve and enjoy!