Spicy Hasselback Potatoes w/ Dipping Sauces
by Spork Foods
- 6 large organic russet potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup neutral tasting oil (safflower preferred)
- ¼ cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Sriracha Vegenaise Gourmet
- 1/3 cup Roasted Garlic Vegenaise Gourmet
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Caesar Dressing
- 2-3 teaspoons un-sweetened almond milk, divided
- Pre-heat oven to 450°.
- In a small bowl, whisk cayenne, sea salt, pepper, lemon juice, brown rice syrup and oil. Set aside.
- Slice into potato, creating thin cuts, a little thicker than a potato chip, leaving bottom quarter inch of potato intact. Repeat for all potatoes. Place potatoes on walled baking sheet and brush generously with spicy oil mixture, allowing oil to sink between all cuts. Reserve oil.
- Bake 60-68 minutes, brushing with remaining oil every 15-20 minutes. Bake until slightly crisp on edges, and soft in center. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Top with chives.
- For dipping sauces, place Sriracha Vegenaise Gourmet and Roasted Garlic Vegenaise Gourmet, in small bowls. Thin out with desired amount of almond milk until a smooth dippable consistency is reached. Place Caesar dressing in remaining dish. Serve with warm potatoes.