Vegan Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 pieces Gardein Chick’n Scallopini
- 3.5 oz Follow Your Heart Provolone Block, shredded
- 2 slices Tofurky Smoked Ham, cut in half
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine, melted
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 level tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder
- 1 cup ice cold water
- non-stick spray
- squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Allow Chick’n Scallopini to partially thaw. Using a sharp knife, slice chick’n cutlet almost all the way, leaving a bit in tact. Layer in Smoked Ham and Shredded cheese in each butterflied cutlet and place in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Drizzle in melted margarine and mix together rest of ingredients.
- Whisk together VeganEgg powder and ice cold water. Remove chick’n cutlets from refrigerator, dredge each one in VeganEgg mixture then sprinkle bread crumbs on both sides.
- Spray non-stick oil on a large baking sheet, add cutlets and place in oven. Allow to cook for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and breading is golden. Squeeze with lemon and serve!