Mummy Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 large russet baking potatoes
- 5 – 2 teaspoons kosher salt, to taste and divided
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- ½ cup (4 ounces) plant cream, warmed
- 1 bag Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cheddar Shreds
- 2 tablespoons chives or green onions, minced
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon smoked paprika (optional and to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional and to taste)
- 1 package Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free mozzarella slices, cut into “bandage” shapes
- 16 Black olive rounds (to look like 8 sets of mummy eyes)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Pierce the potatoes with plenty of holes made with a fork, toss them with some of the kosher salt. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven, coat with olive oil and bake for another 30-35 minutes or so until soft.
- Remove from the oven, and allow them to cool enough to handle, then cut them in half down the middle of the potato lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out most of the potato insides, leaving about a ¼-inch of potato around the edge of the skin to help the potato keep its shape. Place the scooped out insides in a mixing bowl, and transfer the skins back to the baking sheet. Set aside.
- In the mixing bowl, mash the potato filling with the melted vegan butter, warmed plant cream, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt to taste. Then, stir in the dairy-free cheddar shreds and green onions or chives. Combine well, and adjust seasonings to taste. Place the filling back into the followed out shells, and bake for 20 minutes until completely heated through and the cheese is melty.
- Remove from the oven, then add olives to make an eye shape near the top of each potato half. Cover the filling with the dairy-free mozzarella slice strips to resemble bandages. Return the potatoes to the oven to melt the cheese for an additional 10-15 minutes until the dairy-free cheese is nice and melted.
- Serve immediately while warm, and enjoy!