Rainbow Sushi Rolls with Spicy Dipping Sauce
Pink Sushi Rice:
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp organic sugar or maple syrup
- ½ cup fresh beet juice
- 1-4 nori sheets
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 sliced bell pepper
- 1-2 sliced rainbow carrots
- 1 cup sliced mango or pineapple
- 1 cup sliced purple cabbage
Spicy Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Soy-Free Vegenaise
- 2 tbsp red chili pepper flakes
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp fresh garlic
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 3 tbsp liquid aminos
- ½ cup tahini or peanut butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- In a large pot, cook the short grain sushi rice with water and add in rice vinegar with organic sugar. Mix everything together, cover the pot and let this cook for 18-25 minutes or until the rice is soft and fully cooked.
- Let the rice cool for at least one hour and then add in the fresh beat juice. Mix everything together until all of the rice is a bright pink color. Set aside.
- Thinly chop up the vegetables and fruit in preparation for them to be rolled into the sushi.
- Lay down a Nori sheet onto a flat surface and delicately spread the pink sushi rice across the top-facing side of the nori sheet from corner to corner, making sure every bit is covered.
- Starting at the edge close to yourself lay down the vegetables horizontally and stack them tightly, close together. Add in the avocado and mango last and then delicately tuck the top of the nori sheet in towards the bottom, folding the thinly sliced vegetables snuggled in the middle. Continue to roll the nori tightly, pushing the sushi roll away from you, until the two edges of the nori sheet touch, creating a long cylinder. Place this in the fridge to chill.
- Make the Spicy Dipping Sauce by blending together the Soy-Free Vegenaise, red chili pepper flakes, rice vinegar, liquid aminos, fresh, ginger, fresh, minced garlic sesame, oil, peanut butter, and maple syrup. Blend together until smooth and add more hot water if needed to make it creamy.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into the chilled sushi roll in a sawing motion to create ½ inch thick slices of sushi. Serve the sliced Rainbow Sushi with a side of Spicy Dipping Sauce and Liquid Aminos.
- Sing your song. Do your dance. Speak your truth and enjoy the Rainbow Sushi Rolls!