Apple Gouda Upside Down Puff Pastry
- 1 sheet vegan Puff Pastry
- 6 slices Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Smoked Gouda Slices
- 1-2 medium apples any variety, sliced thin about 1/8” thick
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp vegan honey, maple syrup or agave
- 2 tbsp vegan butter melted
- Allow the puff pastry to thaw at room temperature. Once it’s soft and pliable, gently roll it out to about 1 ½” longer and wider on each side. Cut into 6 equal rectangles. Set aside.
- On a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet, drizzle the vegan honey or other sweetener. Remove the thyme leaves from the sprig and place on top of the vegan honey.
- Lay 3-4 thinly sliced pieces of apple on top of the vegan honey and thyme. Brush the apple slices with a bit of Dijon mustard.
- Cut the Dairy- Free Smoked Gouda Slices in half and neatly place on top of the apple slices.
- Cover everything with one piece of puff pastry. Use your fingers or the tines of a fork to press down the edges around the entire pastry.
- Brush with melted butter and bake at 400 for 17 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the pastries to cool for 5-8 minutes before flipping over and enjoying!