BBQ Cauliflower Wings Mashed Potato Bowl
BBQ Cauliflower Wings:
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped into florets)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup organic cornflakes (crushed)
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups vegan BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 450 F and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add milk, flour, ½ cup BBQ sauce, salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes, and whisk together until combined and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, add bread crumbs and cornflakes, crushing them with your hands. Set aside.
- Dip each cauliflower into batter (shaking off any excess) and then toss into bread crumbs. Then lay each cauliflower side by side on the baking sheet (about an inch apart). Repeat until all cauliflower are coated.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and “crunchy” looking.
- Once cauliflowers are crisp, remove from oven and toss them in the sauce until fully coated.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add diced/cubed potatoes. Cook for about 30 minutes or so, until potatoes are soft + tender.
- Once fully cooked, drain potatoes and add them to a large bowl, mashing them with a stainless-steel potato masher (or fork) until fully broken down. NOTE: I also find it easier to add potatoes to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth. Add Dairy-free Shredded Mozzarella, Cheddar, and Parmesan, stirring until smooth and melted.
- To serve, add the mashed potatoes to a bowl and top with BBQ cauliflower wings.