BBQ Jackfruit Flatbread
Sweet Onion Maple Marinated Jackfruit:
- 1 20 oz canned young green jackfruit
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil or avocado oil
- ½ sweet onion
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp maple
- salt & pepper to taste
Smoked Paprika Flatbread Dough:
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup warm vegetable broth
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix flour, instant yeast, and smoked paprika. Add warm vegetable broth, mix, and knead the dough together. Form a ball and add olive oil to the outside of the dough. Cover and set to the side for 1 hour.
- Separate and create shreds with jackfruit. Remove seeds and squeeze out water.
- Blend sweet onion, grapeseed oil, maple, red chili flakes, salt, and pepper in a blender. Pour onto jackfruit and mix.
- Cook jackfruit with grapeseed oil for 5-6 minutes on medium or until the edges crisp. Turn off heat
- Spilt the flatbread dough into 4 – 5 small balls. Add a little flour to the rolling pin and create your flatbread shapes.
- Add 1 tbsp of BBQ sauce, followed by Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar, jackfruit, and chopped red bell peppers.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until dough is golden and cheese is melted.