Beer Battered Onion Rings
• 3 yellow onions, sliced into rounds
• canola oil for frying
• 2 ½ bottles of beer
• 2-4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
• salt to taste
• Follow Your Heart Sriracha Vegenaise
1. In a bowl, mix your flour, beer, salt to taste, and Cajun seasoning with a whisk. You want this to be a semi thin pancake batter consistency, so the amount of flour depends on what beer you use!
2. Slice your onions into rounds and separate the rings. Add them to the beer batter and mix around to coat, let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Heat your canola oil to 375F° for deep frying.
4. Add your onions from the beer batter in batches and cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oil and add to a draining rack and season with salt.
5. Repeat until all onions are fried.
6. Serve with Follow Your Heart Sriracha Vegenaise for dipping!