Beer Cheese Dip
- 7 oz Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar
- 7 oz Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Smoked Gouda Slices (shredded)
- 1 cup beer (any vegan brand you enjoy drinking or use non-alcoholic for the flavor)
- ½ cup plant milk
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp sharp mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Remove the Dairy-Free Smoked Gouda Slices from the package and cut the stack in half. Grate each half on a box grater until it has all been shredded. Set aside.
- Melt the vegan butter in a large skillet on medium low heat. Once melted, add in the flour and whisk until well combined. Allow the mixture to cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring to form a roux (this will help thicken the cheese sauce).
- Add in the beer and mix well and then add in the plant milk and mix again. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, mustard and vegan Worcestershire sauce. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in the Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar and mix. Be patient and allow the cheeses to melt stirring occasionally. It should take about 5-7 minutes to become fully melted and
- Season with salt and pepper and add 1 tsp of maple syrup or sugar to mellow out any bitterness.
- Serve hot with soft pretzels, pretzel or potato chips, or sliced apples and enjoy!