Beer Cheese Fries
- 1 package organic crinkle cut fries (32 oz)
- 1 tsp vegan butter
- 1 package vegan bacon strips
- 2 tbsp organic un-bleached flour
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup vegan pale ale or lager
- 2 cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar
- 3 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 425° F.
- Place fries on baking sheet and bake about 20-24 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan and add teaspoon butter. Cook bacon until crisp. Cool slightly, crumble and set aside.
- For sauce, heat a sauce pot and add butter. Whisk in flour and create a roux. Add sea salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic. Cook about 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Add Worcestershire, vinegar, Dijon mustard, lager, and Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar and whisk until uniform. Cook for about 3 minutes, whisking frequently. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Slather fries with beer cheese sauce and top with crumbled bacon, chives, and red onion. Serve warm.