Bleu Cheese Burger
- 1 tbsp, plus 2 tsp safflower oil
- 1 brown onion
- 1 pint cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 4 vegan burger patties
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- 4 oz Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- 4 vegan hamburger buns
- 1 cup fresh baby arugula
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- In a sauté pan add tablespoon oil. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes to soften. Add mushrooms, salt, maple syrup, and vinegar and cook about 5 more minutes, or until mushrooms are golden.
- Grill patties with 2 teaspoons oil for about 4 minutes per side, or until heated through. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add Vegenaise and Bleu Cheese Crumbles. Gently combine. Set aside.
- Toast buns on griddle surface and slater both sides with bleu cheese mixture. Top bottom half of bun patty, and then mushroom onion mixture, arugula and tomatoes. Enclose. Repeat for all burgers. Serve warm.