Bleu Cheese Compound Butter Portobello Mushrooms
Bleu Cheese Compound Butter:
- ½ cup or 1 stick of Vegan Butter
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- 3 tbsp of parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of chives chopped
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp steak seasoning
- a few dashes of liquid smoke
- Allow the butter to soften at room temperature but not melt.
- Add the butter to a bowl along with the Dairy-Free Bleu Cheese and herbs.
- Mix until well incorporated and then add the butter to a piece of parchment paper or plastic film.
- Gently mold the butter into a log shape, cover and refrigerate overnight or until firm and ready to use.
- Brush the under side of the Portobello Mushrooms with a mixture of avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, steak seasoning, and a few dashes of liquid smoke.
- Put the mushroom underside down onto a hot skillet or grill pan and allow it to cook for 4-5 minutes. While the underside is cooking, brush the marinade on the top of the mushroom. Flip and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with slices of Bleu Cheese Compound Butter.