BLTA Crunch Wrap
- 1 tomato, diced small
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- ¼ cup unsweetened original almond milk
- 8 oz small diced oyster mushrooms
- 2 tbsp plant-based butter
- 1 extra large flour tortilla
- 1 tostada
- 2 Haas Avocados, removed from shell, keep seed to prevent avocados from oxidizing
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- ¼ white onion, diced
- juice of 1 lime, or to taste
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt, to taste
- 2 tsp Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Grated Parmesan (optional)
Smoky ‘Ham’ Marinade:
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- 6 cilantro steams with leaves
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ Haas avocado
- Mix all guacamole ingredients together, mashing the avocado with a fork until the desired consistency. Add in the seed and allow to set in the fridge.
- In a high-speed blender, add all avocado sauce ingredients and blend until smooth, set aside in the fridge when complete.
- Mix all smoky ham marinade ingredients together, then set aside. It lasts in the fridge for one month for any extra you have!
- Melt the Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese in a small saucepan on medium slow heat, stirring frequently. Once all the shreds are incorporated and melted, remove from heat and set aside.
- Pan fry the mushrooms on medium high heat with the plant-based butter until the moisture from the mushrooms have evaporated and the mushrooms are browned and crispy.
- Place flour tortilla down and begin spreading the guacamole onto one side of the tostada, then place the tostada guacamole side down onto the middle of the tortilla.
- On the opposite side of the tostada, add melted cheese, then mushrooms, lettuce, and sauce.
- Flap and fold over the circumference of the flour tortilla until all ends are at the middle (you can YouTube this part for a visual).
- On a medium low pan, carefully place down the folded side of the tortilla down until it turned golden light brown. Do this on the other side once the folded side is complete then serve! Optional: dip into hot sauce, cheese sauce, and more avocado sauce if you’re feeling indulgent!