Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes
Maple Cream Cheese Ingredients:
- 1 container (8 oz) Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup, plus 1 cup ice-cold unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp Follow Your Heart VeganEgg powder
- ½ cup finely ground cornmeal
- 1 ½ cups organic all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- dash grated nutmeg
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup neutral-tasting oil (safflower), plus for brushing griddle
- ½ cup frozen wild blueberries
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
1. For maple cream cheese, whisk cream cheese, maple syrup, and sea salt until uniform. Set aside in refrigerator until ready to use.
2. In a bowl, combine ½ cup ice-cold almond milk and VeganEgg powder. Whisk until slightly thickened and uniform. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut sugar. Add VeganEgg almond milk mixture, remaining almond milk, vanilla extract, and oil. Whisk until smooth, but do not over mix. Fold in blueberries.
4. Pre-heat griddle to medium-high heat.
5. Grease griddle with a dash of neutral-tasting oil. Pour ¼ cup batter onto griddle.
6. Cook until bottom becomes slightly golden and the surface is slightly bubbling, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another minute or two, until golden.
7. Dollop maple cream cheese on warm pancakes and top with pecans. Serve warm.