- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ cup vegan butter, cut into pieces
- water if needed, by the tsp
- (2) 5.3oz cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Blueberry Yogurt
- ½ cup room temperature coconut cream, the white creamy stuff scooped from the top of a can of coconut milk
- blueberries, for garnish
- fresh mint sprigs for garnish
Make the tart shells:
- Preheat the oven to 350 ºF and place two strips of parchment in the shape of an X across the bottoms of your tart pans (skip if the bottoms are removable).
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour and powdered sugar. Add the vegan butter and use your hands to rub the butter into the flour until it starts to come together as a pliable dough. If needed, add water 1 teaspoon at a time, until it comes together.
- Take ¼ cup of dough (for a 5-inch tartlet pan) and press the dough into the pan to fill the bottom and up the sides, trying to be as even as possible. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to flatten the bottom. Repeat with remaining pans and dough.
- Prick the bottom of the tarts several times with a fork, place on a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, or until the dough no longer looks raw and is a light golden in places.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely, then use the strips of parchment to gently remove from the pans.
Make the filling:
- Whisk together the blueberry yogurt and coconut cream. Spoon into the tart shells and swirl the filling with the back of a spoon. Add some blueberries and the garnish of mint, then place in the fridge to firm, about 1 hour.
- You can eat the tarts immediately, but the texture of the filling firms and improves after a couple of hours in the fridge.
- The garnish of mint adds a nice pop of color, but the flavor also pairs beautifully with blueberries and the creamy filling. Don’t skip it!