Brandy Soaked Fruitcake
- ¾ cups dried mixed fruit (example: raisins, cranberries, gold raisins)
- ½ cup VSOP brandy
- ½ cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream
- ½ cup vegan butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ginger (peeled and grated)
- ½ cup orange juice plus zest of ½ orange
- 2 cups organic all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
Cream Cheese Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese
- 2 cups organic powdered sugar
- 2 tsp rum, plus more for glazing cake.
- ½ cup toasted pecan pieces
Optional for garnish:
- 4-6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 10-12 fresh cranberries
- Combine dried fruit and brandy. Set aside 2 days to 1 week.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To a standing mixer, add Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Sour Cream, butter, brown sugar, ginger, orange juice, and zest with a paddle attachment. Cream together until uniform. Add flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, baking powder, sea salt, and flax. Add brandy-soaked fruit and mix until uniform.
- Grease a 9-inch round springform pan with cooking spray then add about 2 tsp flour. Tap to remove excess flour. Pour batter into pan. Top with pecan pieces.
- Bake about 57-60 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. Set aside on the cooling rack. Add a few splashes brandy or rum to warm the cake, if desired. Set aside to cool completely.
- To make icing, in a mixing bowl add Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Cream Cheese and whisk in powdered sugar, rum, and sea salt until smooth. Glaze evenly over the top of the cooled cake.
- Top with ring of cranberries and rosemary if desired.