- 4 hash brown patties
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ red onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 containers extra firm tofu, pressed and drained (14 oz)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- 4 large flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar
- sriracha or ketchup, on side for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Bake hash brown patties until golden and crisp, about 16 minutes, or according to directions. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over a medium heat. Add oil. Add bell pepper and onion and cook about 3 minutes to soften. Add crumbled tofu, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, turmeric. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until golden. Top generously with Dairy-Free Shredded Cheddar. Cover and cook one more minute. Set aside.
- Heat tortillas until pliable over open flame. To each tortilla, add one hash brown, sliced vertically and generous scoop of cheesy tofu mixture. Roll and serve warm. Serve with sriracha or ketchup on side.