Broccoli Cheddar Bread Bowl
- 1 2/3 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large stalk of celery, chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (can use gluten free)
- 2 cups unsweetened plant milk of your choice
- 1 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 2/3 cups Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar
- bread bowls, hollowed out
- Melt 1 tbsp of vegan butter in a sauce pot over medium heat. Add onions, celery, salt/pepper/garlic powder & cook until translucent.
- Add in ¼ cup melted vegan butter and flour & whisk to create a roux.
- Add plant milk & vegetable broth, whisking constantly to prevent lumps.
- Add carrots & broccoli, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are almost soft and the soup is starting to thicken.
- Add Dairy-Free Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese and cook until melted and the vegetables are soft.
- Ladle into your hollowed out bread bowls and enjoy!