Caesar Salad Crouton Cups
- 8 slices sandwich bread of your choice
- 4 oz container Follow Your Heart Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan
- 1/3 cup vegan butter melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 hearts of Romaine lettuce chopped well
- 1/3 cup Follow Your Heart Vegan Organic Caesar Dressing
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- Start by making the crouton cup. Cut the crusts off of 8 slices of bread. Use a rolling pin and gently roll out each piece until they are completely flat. Melt the vegan butter along with the garlic powder and onion salt and set aside.
- Brush only one side of each of the slices then press a buttered slice top side up into each cup of a 6 cup muffin pan. Carefully press the bread down and against the sides of the tin to form a cup. Sprinkle the inside of each bread cup with a little bit of Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan and bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to them to cool.
- To make the Parmesan Crisps, start with a lined baking sheet and add 2 tsp of Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan to the inside of the cookie cutter to form a circle. Repeat until you have 8-10 parmesan circles. Make sure to leave a couple of inches between each circle of cheese. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until the edges have browned. Remove from oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Wash and chop the romaine lettuce and add it to a large bowl. Dress the lettuce with about 1/3 cup of Vegan Organic Caesar Dressing and 1/3 cup of Dairy-Free Shredded Parmesan. Season with fresh cracked pepper and toss until well coated.
- Fill the crouton cups with the Caesar salad and garnish with a couple of slices of cherry tomatoes and 1-2 Parmesan Crisps. Serve immediately and enjoy.